Well we have covered the wire work, polymer clay, bead stitching, loom work, tatted and several other ways to make jewelry. Now to move on to the crochet, tatting and other things I enjoy. to start with lets look at the crochet work. What your seeing is a very small amount of the crochet I have done. I make a lot of crochet items for family and friends and I also do plastic canvas work. Not as much as I used to but I use plastic canvas to make things I need for a specific purpose. You will see little snippets of plastic canvas items in some of the photo's I am showing. Like the kleenex box sitting on my craft table. Looks like a little house. Anyway so here is some of my work with regular crochet and tunisian crochet.
The top picture is a bedspread I made. I seen one like this on Pinterest and thought how colorful it was. So I bought up all the different variegated yarn I could find and started to work. No pattern just a basic granny square. The bottom one is my own pattern that I made up as I went using the tunisian crochet techniques. My baby girl has taken this one over. She won't let me use it when it gets a chill in the air.
Here is some of my plastic canvas work. No pattern my own design. I needed some doilies that wash easily without having to be ironed and all that jazz so I cut out the designs in plastic canvas and went to work on making these doilies. Wash them in the sink hang them over the shower rod and by the time the house is cleaned they are dry.
The kleenex box is another of my fun deals. It is a wooden kleenex bok and I got the ceramic faces at the craft store. Painted them up bead stitched around them and attached them to the box. Gave it a little more than a box sitting there. My DH took this picture and it looks washed out a bit. He had to use the flash on the camera even though the light was on and it was during the day. LOL. The doily color is a burgundy with a cream. I made one for each end table and one for the cocktail table. That one is about 3 foot long. It didn't take as long as I thought it would to make these. It took longer getting the pieces cut out and everything lined up to work like I wanted. LOL



No comments:
Post a Comment