Friday, January 23, 2015

So these are some of the wire worked jewelry pieces I have made in the past. I still work with wire sometimes but most of my work now is trying to combine various craft techniques together and see what comes out. If the picture is from a pattern that was not mine I will post a link to the place where you can obtain a copy of the pattern. Otherwise the pattern was my own. It may look like someone else's but trust me I do not step on copywrite.


The above ring I call Blue Swirl. It is a cocktail ring I made for my Mom. It is made out of 26 gauge sterling silver wire and 20 gauge sterling silver wire. The stone is a swarovski crystal and sterling silver base. Now that she has arthritis so bad she cannot wear it anymore and she gave it back to me for safe keeping.


The above ring was made from a pattern at the provided link. You will have to signup with them but it well worth it. A ton of tutorials on this site from the easiest to most advanced. You can learn so many techniques thru here that it can be mind boggling. LOL.



This one is made out of 18 gauge sterling silver wire. I made this one about 15 years ago. I used to wear it all the time. Now it is one of those pieces I wear on occasion. The nice thing about it you can shape it in size when you gain weight or loose weight. I have almost wore it out with my up and down weight issues. LOL. 


This is called a peacock ring. It looks like the tail feathers of the peacock. It also came from jewelry lessons. There are some seriously talented artist there. It is made using both 20 and 28 gauge sterling silver wire.


This is another of my creations. I call it Firelight. It is made using 18 gauge and 26 gauge sterling silver wire. Most of the wire I use is either half hard or full hard wire so that the rings hold their shape under the stress of everyday life. 


This one is my first attempt at some steampunk jewelry. I think it turned out pretty neat. However that is my opinion. It is a ring and the watch parts and crystals are mounted onto a ring blank. I think it needs a few wire coils yet and she will be finished.


This one is called Celestial Nights. It is made using a glass blown cabachon and 20 gauge full hard wire. 


No comments:

Post a Comment